Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

NS & I query

Law of banking - cheques, PPI etc. Insurance, Financial Services/

Re: NS & I query

Postby atticus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:20 am

I am going to recommend MIL to consult a solicitor - if the amount at stake justifies it.
atticus

Postby Goldensyrup » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks Atticus. It's likely to be a low five figure number. Brother has now intimated in an email it was MiL's fault for being stupid and not realising her monthly interest was not going to an account of her own (point taken). Brother received at least 240 monthly interest payments averaging £40 per month and said it was not his job to ask where this money was coming from all these years.
Goldensyrup

Postby Goldensyrup » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Further update is the brother has now confirmed that he has received this interest for countless years but was oblivious to where it came from. He further refuses to answer any questions about the MiL's father's will nor provide a copy nor why he evaded probate or letters of credit. So far his replies are defensive and offensive and he has said today do not contact me on this matter again until September as he will not reply (Bizarre). We have been advised that the brother may be guilty of 'unjust enrichment'.
Goldensyrup

Previous

Return to Banking, Financial Services etc