Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

A(nother) christian party leader

A place to sit about and chat between more important things.

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed May 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Well, they sewed together fig leaves, so perhaps it was a fig. In which case it may have been a figurative fig.
Smouldering Stoat
 
Posts: 6114
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Near the Creek.

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby Hairyloon » Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm

preacherman wrote:The verse truly is fascinating, providing the very first biblical glimpse of God’s plan...


Have you thought about his plan any at all?
Either god is a damn fool and his plan idiotic, or the plan was all along for Adam to eat the banana. There is, I think, no middle ground on that.
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby shootist » Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Watch an expert enlightening us all. At 4 minutes begins a particularly pertinent part relevant to the forbidden fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYXenjpefNU
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
User avatar
shootist
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby 3.14 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Here's an interesting argument on evidence and how it makes us feel.
What do you do when you learn accurate information that contradicts everything you believe?
Do you accept it and change… or cling to your comforting lies?
That’s really the core difference between critical thinking and dogmatism (or science and religion).
Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal) describes the problem and urges us to celebrate reality and be willing to change.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom
User avatar
3.14
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby diy » Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 pm

I think it was inevitable as said, that Adam would eat the fruit, it is human nature to push the red button that says do not push.
My suggestions are not legal advice
User avatar
diy
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby Hairyloon » Wed May 03, 2017 2:03 pm

diy wrote:I think it was inevitable as said, that Adam would eat the fruit, it is human nature to push the red button that says do not push.


But that assumes that god understands human nature...
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby atticus » Wed May 03, 2017 2:28 pm

diy wrote:...it is human nature to push the red button that says do not push.

As we all discovered on 23 June 2016.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby preacherman » Wed May 03, 2017 4:21 pm

atticus wrote:Who gives a toss? You are all shouting at each other, and not listening. You are in fact all just talking to yourselves.

That always happens in these stupid pointless religious threads.


I wouldn't say that, I was responding. Some of it might be going in.
User avatar
preacherman
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby atticus » Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

You definitely are a glass half full type of guy!
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby Voldemort » Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm

preacherman wrote:I wouldn't say that, I was responding. Some of it might be going in.

Preacher, in relation to religion, when you hear or read about a view that contradicts your own – do you yourself look to critically analyse the opposing evidence before dismissing it? Or do you believe it to be intrinsically false (because of the contradictions to your belief) – hence, why bother looking further?

How did you come to be an Evangelical Christian, as opposed to following Judaism or Buddhism or [insert any other religion] for example – was it an informed decision having researched other beliefs?
Voldemort
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Robing Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest