Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

All Hail King Allan I

A place to sit about and chat between more important things.

All Hail King Allan I

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 pm

A man from Denver says he is the rightful King of England. Seems perfectly legit to me.
Smouldering Stoat

Re: All Hail King Allan I

Postby shootist » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 pm

A few years ago I did see a very persuasive piece of investigative journalism that gave a very good account of itself to 'prove' that a farm owner in Australia was the legal king of England. They produced some fairly convincing evidence that some time around Henry Third and Henry eighth, I can't recall any better than that, there was some dodgy doings in the royal bedchamber and one of the descendants actually wasn't. In practice nothing will change. Thems that got it usually manage to keep it.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 pm

shootist wrote: In practice nothing will change.

No, really? And there was me thinking he was actually going to be King.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:02 am

Of course the line has several weak links. Williamandmary, Henry VII, William all took the throne by force from those with far better claims if blood lines were all that mattered.

Allan would need to mount a successful invasion. To do this my history book tells me he would need to land on the Isle of Thanet.
atticus

Postby b1969 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:20 am

I think the line of Burnum Burnum has the most legitimacy.

He may be best remembered for planting the Aboriginal flag on the white cliffs of Dover on the Australian Bicentenary Day of 26 January 1988. This was his tongue-in-cheek way of claiming England, as Arthur Phillip had done to Burnum Burnum's homeland in 1788 when arriving with the First Fleet
b1969

Return to The Robing Room