Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

buying experience

A place to sit about and chat between more important things.

buying experience

Postby diy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Last night after a slight drop, causing no visible damage my phone died. Or rather the touch screen did which prevented me from accessing it. Fortunately its backed up to the cloud and also on my itunes (which I only use to backup). My company will order a replacement - it will take several weeks, I can't be without a phone - so given the ebay value of these used are holding up. Opted to replace mine with a shiny new one. It also has a 14 day money back promise.

I just waited for half an hour, in the shop looking bored with two phones in my hand trying to make eye contact with one of the cool and trendy experts roaming the store. Is it too much to ask to get a little sparkle and expertise when buying a phone costing the best part of £1k? I reckon I must have one of those faces that says f*** off or care in the community or something :D

I really wish I owned a company that could sell overpriced product which are technically inferior to the competition at a higher price and deliver a poor sales service.

Yes I could have purchased a cheaper one or a used one, but this was a distress purchase. I keep telling myself I'll take it back when the work one comes but I know I wont ;)
Last edited by diy on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Re: buying experience

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Is there not another shop?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby diy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:59 pm

This was the closest to my office - it is one of their main stores.
diy

Postby miner » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:10 pm

I have successfully replaced the touch screen on my I-Phone 4 which I inherited as its 4th user in our family. (I don't use a mobile phone enough to justify the purchase of a 6 or 7 at some exorbitant price.)

The replacement was a bit fiddly, but the replacement screen cost me only US$ 15 or so from AliExpress. It's been working quite happily for the past 4 months.

You wouldn't believe just how tiny some of the screws are in Mobile Phones!
miner

Postby diy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Excellent - exactly what I wanted to here :D
diy

Postby miner » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 pm

diy wrote:Excellent - exactly what I wanted to here :D

Sorry, diy! ;)
miner

Postby atticus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 pm

It is possible to buy a phone for a lot less than a grand, you know.

I agree that that kind of 'customer service' is shocking. I would not wait half an hour. I would get someone to deal with me. Or walk out of the shop.
atticus

Postby diy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:09 pm

my new phone lasted less than 3 hours before bricking. popped back to the store and got a replacement in under 5 mins.

i guess that's my 3 bad things now. expecting good things tomorrow or maybe i'll get hit by a bus
diy

Return to The Robing Room