Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

A(nother) christian party leader

A place to sit about and chat between more important things.

Re: A(nother) christian party leader

Postby shootist » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 am

Can we stop the bitch fights and get on with what could be an interesting debate please.

It seems entirely fine to ask a Christian MP his views on homosexuality and to push him for an answer but entirely unacceptable to ask a Muslim MP or mayor if he believes that homosexuality should be a capital offence, or thieves should have their hands cut off. On this generally more intelligent and enlightened forum it seems we can cheerfully discuss the former but the latter is fled from to the fading sounds of "La la la I'm not listening."
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 am

shootist wrote:Can we stop the bitch fights and get on with what could be an interesting debate please...

We can probably do one or the other but not both. :(
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm a little uncertain as to whether I have pointed out the elephant in the room or mentioned that the King's new clothes are non existent.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Previous

Return to The Robing Room