Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Crypto currency trading

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Crypto currency trading

Postby Jinxer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 pm

I opened a trading account which has been liquidated by the trading company because they say I didn't verify my details in time as per their T's & C's.

"If you fail to verify your account within 15 days of the effective date of these Terms and Conditions (i.e. from your deposit date), we will be forced to terminate the relationship with you and refund the available balance from your account, less any non-withdrawable amount, to the original method of payment in your name."
My account stated that it was 100% verified as shown in the image above and stated proof of address not required and that proof of identity not required. When they liquidated my account it made me loose money, do I have a valid claim for them to refund me what I've lost.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Re: Crypto currency trading

Postby atticus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:33 pm

You do appear to have such a claim.

This company does not appear to be registered in the UK. I cannot find it at Companies House.
atticus

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Smouldering Stoat

Postby atticus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm

That is not the company whose name appears at the foot of the OP's image.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Thank you atticus and another thanks for recommending this site. This is the company details.

eToro’s brokering services are provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., a registered Cypriot Investment Firm (CIF). The company’s registration number is HE20058. eToro Europe is regulated by the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) under license number 109/10. In the UK, eToro UK (company registration number 7973792) is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), under firm reference number 583263. eToro (Europe) Ltd. and eToro (UK) Ltd. both operate under and comply with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).

They have now offered me $50 dollars goodwill gesture payment which still falls short of the amount I lost when converted to GBP. I would be happy if the goodwill gesture amounted to full amount I have lost which isn't really a lot of money but I feel they cheated me.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:09 pm

[Prepared before the above post]

Oh dear. I have read the ts and cs. Cyprus or BVI law applies, depending on which set of terms you look at; disputes to be determined in the courts of Cyprus.

Company address in Cyprus.

{and added] OP should consider taking that offer and cutting his losses.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Would it be worth reporting to the FCA is this something that they deal with.
They have actually gone in and changed the account page that I screen shot now to add extra bits
Last edited by Jinxer on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:17 pm

There is never any harm in that.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:33 pm

I might do that then and put the small loss down to experience. That's why I use the name Jinxer cause I always have bad luck lol.

The have been in and change my account now as well to make it look like I didn't fully do what was needed. Notice how they have added TAX id required now.

Jinxer

Postby dls » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

I am sorry, but crypto currencies generally assert very loudly that they are unregulated.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Next

Return to First Time Questions