Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Blacks Law Dictionary

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Re: Blacks Law Dictionary

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Ah the Occupy Movement. A classic example of the power and efficiency of the non-hierarchial model of organisational structure.
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Jinxer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm

atticus wrote:Jinx: Read this: https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2012/09/3 ... ghts-back/

And this: https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2011/11/1 ... -nonsense/

Then go onto read the Meads judgment. It will take you a while!

That's going to take me 6 months to read, but I will start on it later. Would I be allowed to start a new post somewhere on the board to scrutinize the parking ticket remedy that's being banded around at the moment and which has worked for me in the past albeit that it probably only worked for me because as atticus mentioned it wasn't worth the time to pursue.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby dls » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Start with the first link.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Jinx: no point. Legally, it's bollocks. You have been told why it may sometimes achieve results.
atticus

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 pm

This article in the Grauniad from a few years ago isn't a bad place to start on why these theories might look like they work, but are really dangerous.

But their "successes" are nothing of the sort. I can say with some confidence that sending the letters provided by Getofdebtfree.org has never led in and of itself to a debt being written off. It's true that some debts are not pursued after a certain point. The sum may be too small to justify the cost of litigation, or the debtor may be too difficult to find or have no money or assets. So if a debt isn't litigated it's because it was never going to be. Saying that it's because of template letters is like saying that your cold was cured by crystal healing: you were going to get better anyway, with or without the magical intervention.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Jinxer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 am

http://nyenquirer.uk/sbc-council-tax-su ... -junkmail/
I think that is maybe one of the problems as they do make what they say sound very convincing.
Someone who was faced with the choice of feeding the kids or paying the Council tax could easily fall foul after reading an article such as the above. They don't just make it sound convincing they also alter the acts to suit their agenda.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 am

Con men are convincing.
atticus

Postby Rick Ape » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 am

I've just found a 2005 8th edition of Black's in my training wing's library.

Pretty hard going to be honest; not much structure or narrative, poor characterisation and no pictures.

And no Jinxer, you can't borrow it.
Rick Ape

Postby Jinxer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Rick Ape wrote:I've just found a 2005 8th edition of Black's in my training wing's library.

Pretty hard going to be honest; not much structure or narrative, poor characterisation and no pictures.

And no Jinxer, you can't borrow it.

I can't read so it wouldn't be of any use to me.
Jinxer

Previous

Return to First Time Questions