Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Blacks Law Dictionary

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Re: Blacks Law Dictionary

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:17 am

The freeman ideas are a heresy which should be extirpated. The purveyors of those ideas are dangerous; there have been enough examples of suffering caused to those who have swallowed their snake oil. They are not harmless eccentrics.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am

Jinxer wrote:I would say more that many feel let down by the system which is getting more and more nanny state and big brother by the minute...

Funny sort of nanny, to leave so many homeless to die in the cold.
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am

Jinx and Hairy - you both know how to start a new topic. There is no need for whataboutery.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 am

atticus wrote:Jinx and Hairy - you both know how to start a new topic. There is no need for whataboutery.

Is there any mileage left in discussion of OP?
I think you should add "Americans" to your "Only" exclusion, but I am not minded to argue the point further. Otherwise we appear to have a clear conclusion that the only merit of the tome in question is as a flag to warn of woo and there is probably nothing more needs said on the subject.
In which case, it matters little if the discussion wanders off the point somewhat. It doesn't look like a discussion worth starting a new thread for, but if it turns out to be so, then it is easy enough to split the topic.
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Jinxer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am

Desperate people will do desperate things, why would people even be turning to these principles in the first place. Law is letting people down and when you get backed into a corner people will turn to anyone and do desperate things to get them out of it.
I used once what was called snake oil to get me from paying a hospital parking ticket. It worked for me, how it worked I don't know and don't care but it worked. I'm pretty sure the legal people here would class the way I used as FMOTL dangerous logic.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 am

Jinx: a parking ticket is one thing, the poor fool who lost his house in a well-publicised case a couple of years ago because rather than engage with his mortgage lender he chose to spout freeman mumbo jumbo all the way to an appeal court is another.

As you have already been told elsewhere, with a £100 parking ticket the company may take the view that life is too short to waste time and money dealing with this kind of time wasting bollocks.

When the amount at stake is in the tens of thousands, people won't take that view.
atticus

Postby dls » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Desperate people will do desperate things, why would people even be turning to these principles in the first place. Law is letting people down and when you get backed into a corner people will turn to anyone and do desperate things to get them out of it.

You are right. Many people are properly described as being in a desperate situation. They need and deserve help.The legalaid system is a very poor shadow of its former self.

That despair is being used by a manipulative bunch of people who are little better tham scam artists and crooks. The 'help' they offer is largely dangerous tripe.

Ask Wesley Snipe . .
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Jinxer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Like I said above desperate people will do desperate things when backed into a corner. On saying that I don't think the poor guy lost his house from FMOTL mumbo jumbo. He lost his house because he believed that the bank cancelled his endowment policy and he thought whether rightly or wrongly that the bank was at fault. He turned to the only people who were willing to help again whether they helped or made things worse is maybe another debate.
I can sort of relate a small way with the guy who lost his house as when my endowment matured it fell way below the expectations I was promised when it was took out. Me being me didn't try for compensation because it looked to complicated at the time and work commitments left me with little spare time to sort that out. Luckily for me I had the money to pay the short fall, which I paid on time but the letter still came for me to start off the repossession process.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby Jinxer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

dls wrote:

You are right. Many people are properly described as being in a desperate situation. They need and deserve help.The legalaid system is a very poor shadow of its former self.

That despair is being used by a manipulative bunch of people who are little better tham scam artists and crooks. The 'help' they offer is largely dangerous tripe.

Ask Wesley Snipe . .

Yes the legal aid system was abused badly not only by the people it should of helped but also by the people who received it.
Wesley Snipe I'm glad you mentioned him as I only just a few days ago read a short article and couldn't remember the name. I can now go and read up about him, I thought it was will smith and when I searched couldn't find nothing.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm

atticus

PreviousNext

Return to First Time Questions