Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Blacks Law Dictionary

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Re: Blacks Law Dictionary

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:40 am

atticus wrote:Yes. See above for a start.

I'll repeat the question, but with added emphasis.

Hairyloon wrote:
atticus wrote:It is generally only referred to by loonies and purveyors of pseudolegal garbage. Hence my suspicions.

That is quite a serious allegation. Do you have a proper basis for it?
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby atticus » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 am

Yes.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 am

I bet every Solicitors office in the Country has a copy of Blacks in the bookcase. No matter what anyone thinks of these FMOTL people they have a right to their opinions.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 am

You lose that bet! We certainly do not have a copy (I have just checked our library index), and I cannot recall seeing a copy at any of my previous firms.

It happens to be an American work.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am

That will teach me to bet without substance then won't it. I lost 50 quid betting on boxing last weekend as well lol.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:32 pm

atticus wrote:It happens to be an American work.

In which case, perhaps the wager should be applied to the country of origin: I note that Jinxer did not actually specify which country...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Jinxer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 pm

I like your thinking Hairyloon, move the goalposts to suit. Sadly I thought Blacks was UK not American and Politicians and Police are professional's at goalpost moving not me.
Jinxer

Postby dls » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Black's law dictionery (which has _no_ serious vaue in the UK) is core to the freeman on the land nutters. They somehow elevate it to a status far beyond anything it deserves - even in the US.

No UK lwyer or student would ever use it or be referred to it unless by FOL nutters. When I say nutters, that is being very generous.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Jinxer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Just because they have a different view on life I wouldn't class anyone who is different as nutters, maybe some are misguided because they listen to things before establishing whether or not it's fact. The world would be a boring place without differing points of view. I would say more that many feel let down by the system which is getting more and more nanny state and big brother by the minute, many more could just be desperate looking for a way out. Who know's what the reason is so long as they are hurting no one what's the harm.
Jinxer

Postby dls » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 am

They are causing seriousdamage to the people they trick into this. They deserve not only no respect but also simply to be sat upon. They are dangerous.

Contrary to your assertion, I cannot remember ever seeing Black's dictionary on a British lawyer's shelves.

Jurisdiction has a real meaning and significance. The law of England and Wales is very different from the Law of France or of the US. You simply cannot safely transfer understanding from one jurisdiction to another. Read this board and you will see that we would be unsure here even as to the laws of Scotland.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to First Time Questions