Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Rapid Recommendation, legal aid, Upper house, War Pension

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Rapid Recommendation, legal aid, Upper house, War Pension

Postby SLEDGE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Help! I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, if not could someone steer me in the direction? I need personal help with a War Pension Appeal that I fear without legal guidance I may already have cocked up trying to proceed @ the Upper Chamber. I could not afford representation and nobody told me that legal aid was available.

In summary I injured my neck during the falklands conflict and in 2000 I was diagnosed with severe cervical spondylosis which the surgeon thought was caused by said injury. I applied for war pension after an understandable delay but, was told that the MOD had no record of the injury. I appeal to the ftT, the PAT accepted neck injury but the tribunal medical member said that the injury could not cause late onset spondylosis. This appeared to go against accepted medical "causation" and a Veterans UK medical appendix concurred, stating specifically that neck injury can result in cervical spondylosis later in life, so I appealed to the upper house. The ftT refused me permission to appeal so I applied myself and today I receive an unsigned decision from the Upper Tribunal refusing me permission to appeal.

I think the decision is wrong morally and on points of law and that the appeal affects other injured vets, but I cannot win this case without legal help. Consequently as time is very much against me I am looking for recommendations for a legal person with a good grounded knowledge of the "old" (pre 2005) war pension scheme ....

SLEDGE

Re: Rapid Recommendation, legal aid, Upper house, War Pensio

Postby atticus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 am

Hello Sledge

You might try the Forces Law netwotk: http://www.forceslaw.com/
atticus

Re: Rapid Recommendation, legal aid, Upper house, War Pensio

Postby dls » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:54 am

First, welcome. I wish you well, but think you have a climb ahead of you.

The skills and knowledge are particular, and it is likely that whoever you instruct will need to look things up. I would start by looking for a lawyer in a garrison town.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Return to First Time Questions