Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Scottish Taxi/Private Hire 'law'

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Scottish Taxi/Private Hire 'law'

Postby rif » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,
I'm a private hire operator in Dundee, Scotland. As far as I've always been aware - but without knowing the legal position officially - Scottish councils cannot limit the number of private hire licences in the same way they can decide to limit taxi licences. If that is officially the case then can someone advise if Dundee council can limit the number of private hire licences by the back door i.e. for new private hire licence applications they have introduced a limitation specifically on the types of vehicle which can be used. This limitation is currently 4 specific types of electric vehicle.

If this is illegal/questionable how would an individual go about challenging this ruling?

Thanks in advance for responses.
rif

Re: Scottish Taxi/Private Hire 'law'

Postby dls » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Welcom.

Sorry, but this is a question requiring somebody with bery precise knowledge of a small area of law. We are mostly awre of English law, and this may easily be somehing subject to specific rules made in Edinburgh and indeed in Dundee.

Still, you do not know who may be passing by.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Return to First Time Questions