Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Landlord (boyfriend) Power of attorney

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Re: Landlord (boyfriend) Power of attorney

Postby dls » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am

Echoed
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby atticus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 am

The problem may be conflicting interests and needs. For example there may be siblings who live in the property and for whom a share in the sale proceeds will not buy anything suitable. Others may be desperate for cash. And over the last few years there may have been a number of fallings out between some or all them.

Mediation may be a way of airing and resolving these kinds of difference.
atticus

Postby steven » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 am

I agree but its like a family at war. I have tried to discuss things with them, tried to make them just concentrate on laying mum to rest but things have got really difficult. I am in contact with 3 out of 4 of my siblings, 2 of them agree with me, the other feels as if we are ignoring her which is simply not true. We have another difficulty in that the landlord has all my mothers paperwork so we cannot get the required ID to enable us to get a death certificate. I believe we can get a coroners interim certificate, I think there might be a cost which is not a problem but I don't know how to get one. Is the coroners certificate enough for burial? Is the interim enough for the solicitor who acted as deputy so we can have the accounts? As my mother has been incapacitated for 6 years her passport and driving licence have expired and been disposed of, we can obtain a copy birth certificate from the registrar but this apparently is not sufficient. believe me I do not want this fighting I have even explained that once all this is settled we can all get on with our own lives and choose to see each other or not but it falls on deaf ears. Two of my siblings are hostile and aggressive the other two just ignore it and bury their heads in the sand to avoid confrontation, I don't blame them but at some point this will have to be dealt with. The solicitor (deputy) has asked us for the death certificate. I believe the interim coroners certificate is sufficient for burial? But how on earth can I get my family to see sense I have tried. I live far away from them all and have not really had any contact with them I had heard there were differences between them from my mum but did not realise how bad it is until mum had her stroke. The ex landlord prevented anyone except one of my siblings from visiting my mum and also prevented my mum's elderly siblings from visiting, he basically isolated my mum, so my mother was very lonely for 6 years, we were at last able to spend time with my mum when she was in hospital on end of life care. For me the best thing for all of us is probably to lay mum to rest sort out the probate and live on our lives, wish they all felt the same. if I thought banging our heads together would help I would do it! Could I get the coroners interim cert and ask the registrar if we can get a death cert without any ID?
steven

Postby steven » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm

My mothers house is already sold none of my family live there now it was sold a year ago. Following the illegal LPA court case a deputy was appointed and there was £10'000 missing, £1000 the landlord said he used for a new gas boiler in his house of which he is the sole owner, the £9000 he used to fight the overturn of the LPA, so the landlord used my mothers money to try and keep my mother prisoner, the theft of my mothers money is a criminal offence. The landlord reduced the number of hours care workers cared for my mother which put my mum at a great risk. My mother was unable to speak so she could not call out for help if needed, my mother could not press a button on a bell to ring for help, my mother could not walk or get up. Four of mums children were denied the right to visit my mother, resulting in my mother having less rights than a prisoner as prisoners have visitation rights. This did sadly result in conflicts. if it was not my mother there would have been no emotional attachment and many arguments would probably not have arisen.
steven

Postby steven » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:29 am

I requested the Post Mortem report so I could see exactly what was the cause my mothers death. Can the coroner refuse? (The Coroner did say the report would take about 8 weeks to be completed).
This is the reply from the coroner: When the post mortem report has been received, which will not be for some time as you can hopefully appreciate, I will discuss its content with the Coroner and seek guidance as to what will happen there after.
steven

Postby atticus » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 am

Read this: https://bereavementadvice.org/topics/de ... em-results

Or this: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Post-mortem/

From the second item:
After a post-mortem, the pathologist writes a report of the findings.

If the post-mortem was requested by the coroner, the coroner or coroner's officer will let you know the cause of death determined by the pathologist.

If you want a full copy of the pathologist's report, you can request this from the coroner's office, but there may be a fee. In some cases, the report may be sent to a hospital doctor or GP so they can discuss it with you.

If the post-mortem was requested by a hospital doctor, you'll have to request the results from the hospital where the post-mortem took place. You may be charged a small fee for this.
atticus

Postby steven » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Thank you
steven

Postby atticus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:47 pm

I hope that helps you.
atticus

Postby steven » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:00 pm

While my mum was in the hospital receiving end of life care, the matron asked my siblings and me who is Next Of Kin (NOK), three of us named the oldest sibling, we are aware the oldest is not necessarily NOK, the eldest accepted being NOK, the fifth sibling wrote to the coroner and told him she is NOK although this is completely untrue, the coroner accepted her as NOK, is it legal for the coroner to choose the NOK?

Now the funeral director will not allow any of us to have any input into the funeral arrangements as he is saying that the one sibling is NOK because the coroner said she is NOK, he sent the 4 of us a letter telling us this. Is it legal for the funeral director to ignore our input and wishes for our mothers funeral arrangements?

One thing I have realised is that writing a will and or a living will does not mean your wishes will be granted, all of it can be overturned and ignored. My mother made a statement, this was signed and witnessed to state that she wanted her daughters to care for her in the event she ever became unable to care for herself, this was ignored.

The solicitors who were executors to my mothers changed their minds because they are being investigated for assisting my mothers landlord obtain an illegal LPA, this LPA was why my mothers wishes were denied. Many people tried to tell us it was all legal and sounded fine but the facts came out in the court and it was all lies, they claimed my mother put a cross on the LPA form which we all knew my mother could not do, but they claimed the cross was put on in front of the solicitor and my mothers GP, my mothers GP stated under oath that she had never visited my mother in hospital. The Court of Protection seem to be a law unto themselves and seem to be able to do what they like without being answerable under the law.

Something needs to change in this country and people need to be made aware of some of these facts. Maybe starting a forum on social media where people can share their experiences is in order with some campaigning.
steven

Postby steven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Things have got worse but at least my mother has been laid to rest. Now some of the family have contested the will they say that money has been stolen by the landord and one of our siblings, apparently amounts of between £5000 to £10'000 were taken from my mothers savings account and transferred to her current account every week and now the money is virtually gone. My siblings are now saying if I don't help them to prove this they will claim the stolen money back and I will not be allowed my share. I do not know what law this comes under, I would like to know what solicitor I need for advice. Is it a solicitor who deals with wills and probate or a criminal lawyer. I have no idea how to investigate such a thing. One of my siblings has made herself some sort of administrator over my mothers bank account (current account) and asked for copies of bank statements whether the details of this will be shared between all of us I have no idea, but she has stopped the bank paying for my mothers funeral. I have no idea how to deal with the family, I lost contact and only kept in contact with my mum for years when I moved away to a different area. My mothers will states her money is to be shared equally between her children, but three siblings are now stating that the sibling they claim is involved in the theft of mum's money will not be entitled to the money they recover and if I don't help them I will not be entitled either. I really don't know where to get advice. can anyone help?
steven

PreviousNext

Return to First Time Questions