Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Dog bite - personal injury damages

A more welcoming forum
Forum rules
On topic, friendly, and real.

Re: Dog bite - personal injury damages

Postby atticus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 am

I have a dog. She is lovely, but we always keep an eye.

We walk in the country. There are signs everywhere warning about dogs worrying livestock. It appears that some dog owners do not care or recognise their responsibilities, and I find that shocking.
atticus

Postby shootist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 am

3.14 wrote:As a dog owner, I understand that my animals are essentially wolves with all of its instincts intact and only training and their good nature prevents them biting people or indeed myself.

One of the very competent dog handlers I used to work with related how when training a new dog the most difficult part was actually training them to bite a person when required. He said that for the many thousands of years that dogs have associated with humans they have had the crap kicked out of them for biting people and a reluctance to do so is almost part of their DNA. There is a little more that training and 'good nature' that prevents them biting people. They are a pack animal and instinctively do not bite the leader of the pack, or another animal higher in the pecking order. It goes to hell a bit when people do not train and control their dogs.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby shootist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 am

atticus wrote:I have a dog. She is lovely, but we always keep an eye.

We walk in the country. There are signs everywhere warning about dogs worrying livestock. It appears that some dog owners do not care or recognise their responsibilities, and I find that shocking.
And when their dog is shot for worrying sheep they complain bitterly that the dog was only playing with them. Bloody idiots.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Previous

Return to First Time Questions