Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Crown Court costs

Crown Court costs

Postby veritas2409 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 pm

If the CPS were awarded £1200 costs in the magistrates case , what would you expect the level of costs to be in the crown court for appeal against conviction?, bearing in mind , a similar time in court. Obviously there is far less prep work to be done. I see on their website that for the CC the higher level of costs is £620 and I know people in the past when the costs were half the magistrates. I was most upset with the £1200 as the CMH said £620 and even the higher figure on their website was £930, so this is a concern

To be fair the CPS have said at tomorrows hearing they give an estimate of costs they will seek. Off course if I win this is irrelevant but I think it is vital to know the consequences of defeat. I assume that the CPS nearly always get the costs they seek.

Off course the only reason we are having a 2nd hearing is that in the initial mention the CPS said the case would take 1/2 day ,when any fool could see it would take min 1.5 , so the 1 day trial will be not enough and now seemingly the next day is taken up so we need a new date.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/cos ... s_of_cost/
veritas2409

Re: Crown Court costs

Postby veritas2409 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Any ideas ?
veritas2409

Return to Costs