Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Trust Law Question

Re: Trust Law Question

Postby InNeedOfHelp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:08 pm

theycantdothat wrote:The point is that if both beneficiaries fail to attain 25 then someone else will be entitled to the funds.

Thanks TCDT, I understood that and I am of course extremely grateful for everyones help but what I am trying to find out is what will the Court likely order if I do refuse to agree to remove or disregard the condition of attaining 25. Anything else really isn't for me that I can see unless I'm being told that the Court will definitely want that addressed, which seems to me to be putting the cart before the horse!
InNeedOfHelp

Postby atticus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:17 pm

You have overlooked explaining your role in the matter.

I think you would do best to obtain professional advice, and I take the liberty of reminding you that it is not part of this forum's remit to provide legal advice.
atticus

Postby InNeedOfHelp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 pm

atticus wrote:You have overlooked explaining your role in the matter.

I think you would do best to obtain professional advice, and I take the liberty of reminding you that it is not part of this forum's remit to provide legal advice.

So I have! Sorry about that, I am a Trustee.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to seek legal advice, much as I would love to, due to financial constraints of Maintenance Pending Suit that was set at a ridiculously high level (70% of my £24k net income). As much I would love advice I'm here seeking assistance and any help I can get.

As you can probably gather there are issues (big understatement) between myself, the other Trustee (my soon to be ex-Wife, hence the issues!) and most unfortunately the beneficiaries - who are my children that I have not spoken to in well over a year due to the lies and influence of their Mother. Both my Wife and Children are fully represented, by that I mean they have solicitors acting and Counsel attending Court.
InNeedOfHelp

Postby dls » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Your other post suggested possible questions about your position as trustee.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby InNeedOfHelp » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:00 pm

dls wrote:Your other post suggested possible questions about your position as trustee.

I believe I am a Trustee but the Probate registry in there wisdom have given the children a grant in their name but this I believe is in error due to the condition of them needing to attain the age of 25.
InNeedOfHelp

Postby dls » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Then that suggests even more that this is an utter mess, and that until someone (by the sound of it not you) sorts out the very basics, you are trying to put out a bonfire with cups of water.

What you say suggests that you may very easily not be a trustee
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby atticus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:40 pm

So take care. You risk landing yourself with a big costs bill.
atticus

Previous

Return to Trusts/Equity/Charity