Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Michael Barrymore

Michael Barrymore

Postby preacherman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:39 pm

curious how Micheal Barrymore can sue police for arrest in 2007 when it is now 2016?
preacherman

Re: Michael Barrymore

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Is this your way of trying to find a way round your limitation act problems?

The timeline in this BBC article shows that the court action was issued within 6 years of the arrest.
atticus

Postby dls » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Moved because no administrative law question is involved at all
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby preacherman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:53 pm

atticus wrote:Is this your way of trying to find a way round your limitation act problems?

The timeline in this BBC article shows that the court action was issued within 6 years of the arrest.

thanks atticus, no I was just curious. I don`t think i tried suing the police for wrongful arrest. I should have. I don`t know if I have any options available, six years have passed. At the time I slipped into odd thinking, I think!

I was arrested for issuing court papers. When I told the Judge dealing with them, that the defendants had conspired and had me arrested, He said to me, 'at least you know what they are up to' ( the police read me all of the statements) and because the court was almost attached to the police station, I thought the police were in some way trying to help me, and even working with the court. I suppose I was a bit simple about it all. As you know I was evicted by the police also, and since a judge said to me, ' you need to understand the police are denying being there on both occasions' I have changed my view regarding the police as 'trying to help me'..

its pretty abusive to be telling me while under arrest that they came down to my premises with an order that said I had to leave and that there not bent coppers, but later denying being there when they are sued for evicting me. as well as a load of other stuff. anyway. Merry Christmas Atticus.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:58 pm

dls wrote:Moved because no administrative law question is involved at all

sorry about that. is it true defamation cases can only be started in a London court. A judge said it to me when dealing with a case of mine, I was surprised I though you could issue a claim for defamation in any high court.
preacherman

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Thank you preacher. I hope your sermon for Christmas Day is more coherent.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 pm

atticus wrote:Thank you preacher. I hope your sermon for Christmas Day is more coherent.

'But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised'.

:lol:

just messing (and taking a scripture out of context), yes sorry it was a bit of a ramble. its not always beneficial to think a loud and expect someone to get the full meaning. I suppose that is why Courts want Chronology, dates, times, etc etc
preacherman

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 pm

It does help the judge if he or she can understand what was going on #toplegaltipfromaprofessional
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:11 pm

At what point does a clear difficulty in stringing together a coherent sentence count as a disability for which a reasonable adjustment needs to be made?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:33 am

It won't go anywhere. He doesn't have the bottle.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Next

Return to Torts - Negligence, Defamation and others