Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

company's house duty of care to company

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:22 pm

HL Partnership Limited. None of this company's directors appear to have an obvious connection with Consolidated Finance Limited. Their tracks may, of course, be well-covered.

last filed annual return of Consolidated Finance Limited shows one shareholder, Consolidated Finance Holdings Limited (CFHL)

CFHL was dissolved Jan 2015. Its last annual return shows one shareholder, Antag Holding Limited.

I cannot presently find Antag Holdings Limited. There the trail goes cold. The FCA may know more, have probably spent more than a few minutes digging.

ETA - a google search tells me Antag Holdings Limited is registered in Malta. Nothing against Malta, but this is not a good sign.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19876
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm

atticus wrote:With those answers, I struggle to see any basis of complaint or claim that you may have against the Land Registry.


:D I know! thats why I was trying to make you understand that had the charge not been noted wrongly from the outset I may well have not lost possession of the property.

I am sure you could be correct, why are these precipitating factors as and against the land registry for noting a charge wrongly? they still wrongly noted it which led to possession being given. the rest came later.

are you saying because the charge had the correct title number to my actual house next to the address on the charge, the register thought we will go by the title number then, even though it does not match what the charge itself expressly implies the property as being.
User avatar
preacherman
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:28 pm

It wasn't just the title number, though, was it? There is also your name as chargor/registered proprietor.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19876
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby Voldemort » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:34 pm

preacherman wrote:I did have a claim against consolidated but that was set aside when they went into receivership, is that wrong,? in light of this new fact that they were only representatives of HL Partnership which is still active, couldn't the claim have continued against them had this new info been known?


If “consolidated” were, as you say simply appointed representatives of HL Partnership Limited, I would expect this company to be authorised by the FCA – hence you could pursue a complaint against them in the same way.

Speak to an advisor at the Financial Ombudsman service who should be able to help with your complaint.
Voldemort
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Neither of the Court of Appeal cases mention HL Partnership. If there was an agency for HL Partnership in those cases, it was not disclosed.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19876
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby Voldemort » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:00 pm

atticus wrote:Neither of the Court of Appeal cases mention HL Partnership. If there was an agency for HL Partnership in those cases, it was not disclosed.

Sometimes individuals or companies such as loan and insurance brokers will not have the resources to become FCA authorised in their own right, but will piggy-back of other companies to become “appointed representatives” – usually for some kind of annual fee or commission arrangement.

However it is for the Authorised firm to carry out it’s own due-diligence because they will be ultimately accountable for the products they sell as well as any advice they give to customers.
Voldemort
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby Voldemort » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:10 pm

atticus wrote:ETA - a google search tells me Antag Holdings Limited is registered in Malta. Nothing against Malta, but this is not a good sign.


Antag Holding Limited seem to be a lender to Consolidated Finance Ltd and have a Debenture outstanding against the company.
Voldemort
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Bear in mind this was several years ago. I first wrote about swimming with sharks in 2010, and that was probably after preacher (as he now calls himself) had been posting here for a year or two. It took a lot of piecing together. I'm guessing preacher lost his house 8 or 10 years ago.

EDIT - I see he says (on page 1) it was 2009.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19876
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:43 pm

atticus wrote:Neither of the Court of Appeal cases mention HL Partnership. If there was an agency for HL Partnership in those cases, it was not disclosed.


but now it is? any possible options.

I mean I am going to seek the case for negligence is reopened on the basis the circumstances were misrepresented for a number of reasons, whether I am successful or not is another matter, but could I bring it up with that, as the court struck out the claim against BPF and consolidated, as they went into receivership during the claim. could I plead that I should have had the opportunity to direct the claim at other heads of claim such as HL Partnership.
User avatar
preacherman
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:51 pm

you are going to need some evidence.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19876
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

PreviousNext

Return to Torts - Negligence, Defamation and others

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest