Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

company's house duty of care to company

Re: company's house duty of care to company

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:31 pm

atticus wrote:you are going to need some evidence.

yes I figured that. maybe I will call the FSA again see if they can give some paper evidence to what they told me. thanks for your time on this again.and thanks voldemond.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:13 pm

well 'consolidated finance brokers limited', has the same address as 'consolidated finance limited', and the brokers Ltd, were appointed as representatives of HL Partnership, but no evidence to show consolidated finance Limited were representatives probably within realm of probability though.

bpf and consolidated seem to be lumped together a bit in this report.

i.e amsol finance limited was a company set up specifically for the purpose of processing ppi claims by the company and BPF.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... jbuXtQU%3D
preacherman

Postby atticus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

It is not unusual that two or more companies share the same registered office; even less unusual when the companies are connected.

What report are you talking about in the second para. of your last post? The link does not work.
atticus

Postby Voldemort » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 pm

preacherman wrote:well 'consolidated finance brokers limited', has the same address as 'consolidated finance limited', and the brokers Ltd, were appointed as representatives of HL Partnership, but no evidence to show consolidated finance Limited were representatives probably within realm of probability though.

This FCA link might help.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDe ... 00MgCA9AAN

Whoever's name was on your loan agreement needed to be authorised at the time - but as you say the Judge felt that they should be considered the same company.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_indivi ... 00LV4qRAAT

This link shows that the main director for both companies was authorised by HL Partnership LTD (still authorised); you may have a valid complaint against them, if of course it hasn't been time-barred.
Voldemort

Postby preacherman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:43 pm

atticus wrote:It is not unusual that two or more companies share the same registered office; even less unusual when the companies are connected.

What report are you talking about in the second para. of your last post? The link does not work.

try again

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... FcyYtQU%3D
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Voldemort wrote:
preacherman wrote:well 'consolidated finance brokers limited', has the same address as 'consolidated finance limited', and the brokers Ltd, were appointed as representatives of HL Partnership, but no evidence to show consolidated finance Limited were representatives probably within realm of probability though.

This FCA link might help.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDe ... 00MgCA9AAN

Whoever's name was on your loan agreement needed to be authorised at the time - but as you say the Judge felt that they should be considered the same company.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_indivi ... 00LV4qRAAT

This link shows that the main director for both companies was authorised by HL Partnership LTD (still authorised); you may have a valid complaint against them, if of course it hasn't been time-barred.

bit confused on this? I can show that HL Partnership authorised consolidated finance brokers limited, and that alpha mortgages Manchester limited was the later name of the same, so consolidated finance brokers limited/alpha were acting as representative of HL Partnership, but how can i show consolidated finance limited was also acting as representative?
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm

a few other questions!, can you sue a company for fraud, even if in liquidation? I read this:

Fraud can be committed by individuals or companies (if the senior management is sufficiently complicit that the company is regarded as committing the offence).

and this:

The Bankruptcy Protection Fund was subsequently wound up in August 2013 after the Court of Appeal ruled that the loan agreements were not drafted properly by sister firm Consolidated Finance Limited and were thus unenforceable.

and thought 'but mine was enforced, because they said they had an actionable registered charge but they didnt' its a bit to late to plead 'consumer credit act' once they have possession.
preacherman

Postby atticus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:33 pm

link still doesn't work for me.
atticus

Postby atticus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

You need permission of the Court or consent of the liquidator to sue a company that is in liquidation.
atticus

Postby Voldemort » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:45 pm

preacherman wrote:bit confused on this? I can show that HL Partnership authorised consolidated finance brokers limited, and that alpha mortgages Manchester limited was the later name of the same, so consolidated finance brokers limited/alpha were acting as representative of HL Partnership, but how can i show consolidated finance limited was also acting as representative?

Which company provided you with bridging finance, i.e. what does it say on your agreement? This company will need to have been authorised and the FSA/FCA who should be able to tell you who they were acting through.

Ask the Ombudsman to investigate your complaint against HL.
Voldemort

PreviousNext

Return to Torts - Negligence, Defamation and others