Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Correspondence with Representatives.

Re: "Private and confidential..."

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 pm

atticus wrote:Was the constituent's letter his own work, or was he cutting and pasting something produced by a campaign group or party?

I do not know. The lady seemed upset enough that I don't want to press the question. I got the impression it was her own work, but even so there are only so many different ways to make the same points.

I ask, as if the MP received a number of identical letters like this I could understand him being pissed off.

Does that really justify the tone? Identical letters can be given identical answers.
Perhaps he is pissed off because he knows she is right?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Correspondence with Representatives.

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:35 am

Apparently he has been back in touch, calling her a liar and a hypocrite and kicking off because she has shared his email without permission...
{Hmm, perhaps I should've started a new thread. :oops: Changing the title should cover it well enough.}
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Correspondence with Representatives.

Postby dls » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:28 am

Both letters should be chicked in the bin and forgotten about. neither does their author any credit.
Back to teh question posed.

Confidence applies to the knowledge contained within a disclosure, The content here is a mere rehashing of pretty standard complaints. It cannot attract protection under the law of confidence in the standard legal sense.

It should noted however that MPs have particular standards to meet, which may differ.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Torts - Negligence, Defamation and others