Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Action against a forum.

Re: Action against a forum.

Postby Hairyloon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Intellectual Property Rights
26. We own the intellectual property rights in the Website.
27. You grant to us a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any content (in whole or part) which you upload, post or e-mail and/or to incorporate such content in other works in any form, media or technology now known or developed.
28. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in the Website or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. When quoting material contained on the Website, you should acknowledge the source.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Millbrook2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks.

I do not see the consideration you seek. Rather the T & Cs for using the website means you give up any rights to intellectual property.
Millbrook2

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am

Millbrook2 wrote:Thanks.

I do not see the consideration you seek. Rather the T & Cs for using the website means you give up any rights to intellectual property.

Sorry, but I am not following your argument: if there is no intellectual property, then why do the members need to give up their rights to it?
If there is IP, then the supply of that IP is the consideration.

Look at it another way: what is a forum without content? It is naught. Provision of content adds value to the forum.
By what measure is work done to add value not a consideration?
Hairyloon

Postby Millbrook2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

You should present an argument to show it is, using the legal definition/understanding, so readers can see if you have made your case rather than merely asserting.

OK whats your contractual relationship with dls for using this site?
Millbrook2

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Millbrook2 wrote:OK whats your contractual relationship with dls for using this site?

That is a good question, and the only answer I can give is too obvious to bother with.
Hairyloon

Postby Millbrook2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:OK whats your contractual relationship with dls for using this site?

That is a good question, and the only answer I can give is too obvious to bother with.

Your assertion then fails.
Millbrook2

Previous

Return to Contract and Consumer Law