Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Can I make this agreement....

Can I make this agreement....

Postby Russell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

We had some new doors and windows fitted at the front of our house. All went well, other than the amount of follow up sales calls made by this company. I'd read this company does this and thought I could handle it but I was wrong. I had to make some serious threats before they stopped.

Anyway, we'd now like some work done to the back of the house. However, I don't want to risk these calls again. Could I make an agreement with the sales person that we don't receive any follow up sales calls and that if we do, we would be entitled to £100 per call?
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Re: Can I make this agreement....

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:13 pm

You could ask them to agree to that. What would be in it for them?
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Russell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Only a sale. Will give it a go.
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby Labrador » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Russell wrote:We had some new doors and windows fitted at the front of our house. All went well, other than the amount of follow up sales calls made by this company. I'd read this company does this and thought I could handle it but I was wrong. I had to make some serious threats before they stopped.

Anyway, we'd now like some work done to the back of the house. However, I don't want to risk these calls again. Could I make an agreement with the sales person that we don't receive any follow up sales calls and that if we do, we would be entitled to £100 per call?

What serious threats did you make?
Labrador

Postby atticus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 pm

The OP said they had stopped. Why does he need an agreement?

The OP may wish also to know that he alone cannot make an agreement.
atticus

Postby Labrador » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Ok will await the wish list.
Labrador

Postby Russell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 pm

They didn't agree it, so going elsewhere. They had stopped but I feared they would start again due to a new point of contact. I withheld my number when calling them.
Russell

Postby diy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 am

I had a similar experience myself with a major glazing company who quoted for some work. Every time they called I told them we'd had the work done by another company. They kept calling and even the manager called on occasion. I eventually told them that I was more than happy to keep chatting to them and enjoyed their calls with some curiosity as to why they'd be so happy to waste their time. I asked why they'd keep calling a sales prospect when every aspect of the sale qualification was missing. They got the hint and stopped.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby Labrador » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:10 am

Callblocker is your best friend.
Labrador

Postby Russell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:51 pm

DIY sounds the same company.
Russell

Next

Return to Contract and Consumer Law