Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Claiming against a courier service for loss.

Re: Claiming against a courier service for loss.

Postby diy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

more the other way around:
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby shootist » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:22 pm

OK, in that case, they should change their name to "Bunch Of Thieving Useless Lying Ignorant Swindling Muggers" or BOTULISM for short. Given the large amount of complaints about this scummy organisation I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be some sort of governing body overseeing their antics.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby diy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:21 pm

You get, that they will end up paying for the lost item?
diy

Postby shootist » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:01 pm

diy wrote:You get, that they will end up paying for the lost item?

Apparently not. The sender has given a tracking number to the bay that 'proves' the item was delivered to my house. This in spite of a denial from the courier in question that they had never received the item and the intermediary courier saying they have returned it to sender, and a recent email from the bay saying that the item had now been resent to my address. The appeal is In process but if the bay fails then their payment friend is next.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby shootist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:12 pm

The item was delivered this afternoon!!!! It appears to have been redirected. The trouble now is that eBay has hidden all the transaction details and refunded what I paid for it. I've emailed them to try and get the payment to the seller, although I think the courier shouldn't get anything. What a PITA. Still, the item is good gear.
shootist

Postby atticus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 pm

That is good news.

A significant element of the problem appears to have been the result of inadequate information systems and poor communication.

WD40 might fix the sticky ! key.
atticus

Postby diy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 am

there will be a payment log in paypal with the sellers details - you can contract them and send a payment if you don't get any joy with ebay.
diy

Postby shootist » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:01 am

A further email from the bay.

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the item (deleted) you purchased from " (Deleted)". I'm sorry to hear that you encountered a delay in receiving the item. I understand that you already have the item and was refunded. I’d like you to know that I'm genuinely interested to resolve this matter for you.
I appreciate your honesty in letting us know that you have already received the item you bought.
However, you have nothing to worry about as the case was initially closed on the seller’s favour and we have refunded you in full as a courtesy.
To make sure your transactions go smoothly in the future, we suggest you visit the eBay site and click the Safety Centre link located at the bottom of any page. There you will find tips on how to buy safely in the "Buying Safely" section.

I trust this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in eBay in the future.

All a bit computer generated and not exactly accurate, but a good result ending with a freebie. I'll be testing it out this morning.
shootist

Postby diy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:50 pm

I love ebay, they give away someones property because buyer and seller agree to their terms the allow them to play fairy god mother. The seller will be out of pocket now I guess?
diy

Postby atticus » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:13 pm

And the OP has a freebie.
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Contract and Consumer Law