Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Dating a fake

Dating a fake

Postby Russell » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Is there a law against setting someone up to date some who doesn't exist? From the sound of things almost all the current females looking for affairs don't exist. Getting your hopes up only to be blown out :twisted:
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Re: Dating a fake

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 pm

If it is through a dating site which is charging, then you may have some luck with trading standards...
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Russell » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Lol I'm not a customer its a friend ;)

Its a current news story.
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby diy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 am

So a lot of these "affair" dating sites aimed at those looking for a bit on the side are actually full of hooker gangs looking to extort money from naughty boys.

A work friend of mine's ex-hubby got sucked in to one of these when this gorgeous girl wanted to be his FBuddy. I'm not sure he got to do much... before the demands came. Sadly for her, he panicked and paid her quite a bit of money from their joint account :roll:
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby Russell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:11 pm

DIY indeed there are few things as stupid as these sites. An affair with someone who is also in a relationship is a recipe for disaster let alone the entrapped you have cited.

And what of these suicides? And the general distress caused by these leaks? Will there be a class action? Also, I believe some people paid to get their file wiped but these were still leaked.
Russell

Return to Contract and Consumer Law