Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Enforcing PFI contracts.

Enforcing PFI contracts.

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 am

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but they're called "PFI contracts" and this is the contract section.
So, the question is: who is the contract between? Taking as an example, a school: is it between the company and the LEA?

If the company is in breach of their duties under the contract (though I understand it is generally anyone's guess what exactly they might be), then who is able to take action? In the example, would it be the headmaster or would it have to go higher up the chain?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Enforcing PFI contracts.

Postby dls » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 am

These arrangements will have differed over time and from sector to sector and contractor to contractor.

Typically there will be a series of contracts, including perhaps maintenance contracts, and also the contracts will make provision under the The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, which altogether means that the contracts have to be inspected.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Re: Enforcing PFI contracts.

Postby tph » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

You would need to find out who the contract was between. In the case of school it is usually the LEA and the PFI contractor rather than the individual school.

Normally what would happen is the Head of the school would report back to the LEA and they would then seek resolution through the contract. What you have to understand is that there a flaws in PFI Contracts and sometimes it is more financially advantageous for the Contractor to do nothing or to stall things.
tph

Return to Contract and Consumer Law