Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Referenda

Re: Referenda

Postby dls » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:05 pm

There were a significant number of people who, on the basis that this was an advisory referendum and had been assured that we wouldn't be leaving the EU, treated the referendum as a protest vote.

I never heard that, and nor have I met one, and nor do I think it would have any significance if true.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:15 pm

miner wrote: One must question why he used his status to say anything at all about Brexit, particularly since it demeans the UK and is unpatriotic.

We should all (Sir David included) now be supporting our Government to secure the best possible exit arrangements for the UK, not undermining the the process in what is uncharted territory.

I call Poe.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
miner wrote: One must question why he used his status to say anything at all about Brexit, particularly since it demeans the UK and is unpatriotic.

We should all (Sir David included) now be supporting our Government to secure the best possible exit arrangements for the UK, not undermining the the process in what is uncharted territory.

I call Poe.

Poe does not apply since the poster has made his intent clear by putting his name to it.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Yes it does. Miner has spent the past few years as a carefully-crafted parody. One can only salute him for it: it's taken him a huge amount of time and effort. It must have been incredibly frustrating for him that nobody's got the point until now.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Yes it does. Miner has spent the past few years as a carefully-crafted parody. One can only salute him for it: it's taken him a huge amount of time and effort. It must have been incredibly frustrating for him that nobody's got the point until now.

That point had not occurred to me.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 am

You can salute me any time, Stoaty!
miner

Postby dls » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:26 am

Keep off the personal stuff.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Constitutional Law