Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

The shame of select committees

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:54 am

Millbrook2 wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:Are we talking about a certain knight here?
Is there no code of conduct inferred by the acceptance of a knighthood?
What is the delay in taking it off him?


Who do you think has the power to remove knighthoods and what process is there to do it?

I think somebody does, my first guess would be the Queen.
Are you suggesting that the delay is because I don't know? :?
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Millbrook2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:Are we talking about a certain knight here?
Is there no code of conduct inferred by the acceptance of a knighthood?
What is the delay in taking it off him?


Who do you think has the power to remove knighthoods and what process is there to do it?

I think somebody does, my first guess would be the Queen.
Are you suggesting that the delay is because I don't know? :?


I doubt your knowledge or lack of it is an issue in this matter
Millbrook2
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Millbrook2 wrote:I doubt your knowledge or lack of it is an issue in this matter

So why bring it up?
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Millbrook2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:I doubt your knowledge or lack of it is an issue in this matter

So why bring it up?


Because you questioned the delay in removing the knighthood. I wondered what you knew about it in order to suggest there had been a delay.
Millbrook2
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Millbrook2 wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:I doubt your knowledge or lack of it is an issue in this matter

So why bring it up?


Because you questioned the delay in removing the knighthood. I wondered what you knew about it in order to suggest there had been a delay.

The fact that, they are only threatening that they might think about removing it suggests to me that they have not started the process of removal.
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Millbrook2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 pm

The fact that, they are only threatening that they might think about removing it suggests to me that they have not started the process of removal.


What is that process?
Millbrook2
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Millbrook2 wrote:
The fact that, they are only threatening that they might think about removing it suggests to me that they have not started the process of removal.


What is that process?

The matter is referred to the Honours Forfeiture Committee and they send their recommendation to the Queen via the PM.
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Millbrook2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:25 am

Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:
The fact that, they are only threatening that they might think about removing it suggests to me that they have not started the process of removal.


What is that process?

The matter is referred to the Honours Forfeiture Committee and they send their recommendation to the Queen via the PM.


There may then be no delay, merely that no one has referred the issue to the Committee.
Millbrook2
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:09 am

Millbrook2 wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:
Millbrook2 wrote:What is that process?

The matter is referred to the Honours Forfeiture Committee and they send their recommendation to the Queen via the PM.


There may then be no delay, merely that no one has referred the issue to the Committee.

Which brings us back to my point: what is the delay in doing that?
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The shame of select committees

Postby atticus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35 am

Look at how the process worked in the case of Fred Goodwin.

Or would you prefer the process to be more akin to a lynching?
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19943
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

PreviousNext

Return to Constitutional Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests