Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Vote of No Confidence in our illustrious Prime Minister...

Re: Vote of No Confidence in our illustrious Prime Minister.

Postby miner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
atticus wrote:So why do these 150,000 idiots want parliamentary time wasted on this? It's not something any opposition party can do any damage with.

Is 160,000 this morning.
I think they think it could make for an interesting discussion.

Desciples of The Bearded Buffoon intent on taking us back half a century.

The only interesting discussion which could take place involving Labour in its present incarnation would be one about the demise of The Bearded Buffoon as its 1950's style "leader".
Last edited by miner on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miner

Postby miner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:32 pm

diy wrote:I think he's doing great.

Me, too. Especially doing what he did about banning flights to Sharm el-Sheikh while the Egyptian premier was in Landon having discussions with him and being unconcerned about its effect on the visit. Good for DC!

I had to laugh - one day Putin is criticizing DC and Britain for banning the flights, next day Putin does the self-same thing, apparently for the same reasons. It turns out there are more Russians in Sharm el-Sheikh than Brits!

I'm afraid Egypt is one of those places I've never had the slightest desire to travel to - apart from anything else, I've never fancied needng a cork stuck stuck up my posterior for the duration .....
miner

Postby atticus » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:55 pm

I was referring to the people who started the particular petition, and those who have "signed" it. Not online petitions generally.
atticus

Postby Boo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 pm

miner wrote:
diy wrote:I think he's doing great.

Me, too. Especially doing what he did about banning flights to Sharm el-Sheikh while the Egyptian premier was in Landon having discussions with him and being unconcerned about its effect on the visit. Good for DC!

I had to laugh - one day Putin is criticizing DC and Britain for banning the flights, next day Putin does the self-same thing, apparently for the same reasons. It turns out there are more Russians in Sharm el-Sheikh than Brits!

I'm afraid Egypt is one of those places I've never had the slightest desire to travel to - apart from anything else, I've never fancied needng a cork stuck stuck up my posterior for the duration .....

When we went to Egypt we noticed Russians, Polish and German folk were there in abundance. We didn't go to Sharm but where we did go we were aware a lot of Egyptians (in resort areas) seemed to cater for people from those areas.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:14 pm

atticus wrote:I was referring to the people who started the particular petition...

I concur: it is not a well written petition.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Previous

Return to Constitutional Law