Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Another Expedition to the World of Freeman Law

Re: Another Expedition to the World of Freeman Law

Postby atticus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:57 am

Yes. I agree. The cruelty of these advisers...
atticus

Postby Slartibartfast » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:And so it seems that the mental pygmies of OPCA will adopt the Ostrich position, and still be celebrating their victory while the bailiffs are changing the locks.

And now it has happened. The house is seized, emptied and secured with steel shuttering. Security guards will be present until sale at auction, to prevent damage or re-entry. The house won't fetch much, partly because of following paragraph. The entire proceeds will be swallowed by the outstanding debts and recovery costs. An utter tragedy for Mr & Mrs C -

(not my caption, but sadly very apt)

But they're still relying on their idiot OPCA advisors. They're going to convene a grand jury and arrest the police, get a writ of bibbly-bobbly and exercise their rights under magna carta. They're still spouting nonsense about mortgages being unenforceable, and 'legalese' judgements with secret inverse meanings. It's a remarkable demonstration of how cognitive dissonance is managed by denial.
Last edited by Slartibartfast on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added photo
"Judicial tergiversation is not to be encouraged"
Slartibartfast

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Will they be selling tickets and popcorn?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby LawChild » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:54 am

Hairyloon wrote:Will they be selling tickets and popcorn?

I hope not. We can criticise these people for their stupidity, but there's no need to humiliate them. I'm rather more concerned by the so called 'advisers', or indeed fraudsters. The lack of police investigation / Panorama episode is quite surprising.
Mr. LawChild LL.B., LL.M, BPTC. My posts are not legal advice. In any event, believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.
LawChild

Postby shootist » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:08 am

LawChild wrote:

I hope not. We can criticise these people for their stupidity, but there's no need to humiliate them. I'm rather more concerned by the so called 'advisers', or indeed fraudsters. The lack of police investigation / Panorama episode is quite surprising.

Possibly wise words but for the fact that while at the beginning the home owner made mistakes which perhaps should have been investigated, once they have started, and continued, on to engage in elective stupidity they deserve any humiliation going. As the song says, "A source of innocent merriment."
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:13 am

LawChild wrote:

I hope not. We can criticise these people for their stupidity, but there's no need to humiliate them.

Would that not count as another "win" for them?
I'm rather more concerned by the so called 'advisers', or indeed fraudsters. The lack of police investigation / Panorama episode is quite surprising.

Perhaps they are in on the act, else they agree your opinion that they ought not be humiliated.
Hairyloon

Postby LawChild » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:57 am

Hairyloon wrote:
LawChild wrote:I'm rather more concerned by the so called 'advisers', or indeed fraudsters. The lack of police investigation / Panorama episode is quite surprising.

Perhaps they are in on the act, else they agree your opinion that they ought not be humiliated.

I see a distinction between those desperate debtors who are being 'advised' and those who are doing the 'advising' (running websites and making money out of people's stupidity and desperation). It is the latter who deserve a criminal investigation. The former, albeit stupid, gullible, etc., are victims of poor advice.
Mr. LawChild LL.B., LL.M, BPTC. My posts are not legal advice. In any event, believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.
LawChild

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:52 am

LawChild wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:
LawChild wrote:I'm rather more concerned by the so called 'advisers', or indeed fraudsters. The lack of police investigation / Panorama episode is quite surprising.

I see a distinction between those desperate debtors who are being 'advised' and those who are doing the 'advising' (running websites and making money out of people's stupidity and desperation). It is the latter who deserve a criminal investigation. The former, albeit stupid, gullible, etc., are victims of poor advice.

shootist wrote:Possibly wise words but... once they have started, and continued, on to engage in elective stupidity they deserve any humiliation going.

In any case, would a good round of well televised humiliation of one not serve well to forewarn the others?
Hairyloon

Postby atticus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:30 pm

It might, but they are very good at sticking teir fingers in their ears and saying la la la.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:58 pm

atticus wrote:It might, but they are very good at sticking teir fingers in their ears and saying la la la.

Perhaps a plot line for Corrie then?
If we can establish a line of communication to Philae, then La-la land ought not to be so difficult.
Hairyloon

PreviousNext

Return to Human Rights Law