Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Peter Smith J - in trouble again

For the law, regulation, and practice of the various professions and those heading out to join up.

Re: Peter Smith J - in trouble again

Postby Denning » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:34 am

atticus wrote:Denn, look up the word "office" in this context. Also understand the word "Deputy". Your last sentence is wrong (accuracy? Did you read that post?)

Nice use of colour and font size, by the way.

Lady Hale on a number of occasions accepted her limitation on the law despite she is a Justice of the Supreme Court. You appeared never to accept your own limitation as to knowledge of legal information and the interpretation of the law.

You responded to this post of mine:
Denning wrote:Overwhelming evidence of judicial impropriety.

Peter Smith J reveals the unwritten rules of favouritism in the court.
Lord Grabiner reveals all that is wrong with the current system in which you could buy yourself justice with enough money by using the "right person" who is closed associates to the judges. Lord Grabiner is a member of both the legislative arm and the judicial arm of Government.
Lord Dyson, Lord Justices Morebick and McFarlane who decided the appeals were colleagues of Lord Grabiner at the High Court of Justice.

With this post of yours:
atticus wrote:Lord Grabiner QC is a barrister, not a judge.
Denning

Postby dls » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:34 am

Again, you are just dreaming.

He sent an email in which he said that he had in the past been content to give his support to members of a chambers in applications for advancement - he had acted in effect as a referee, but that in view of what he thought had happened, he would not do again.
He said and revealed nothing as to the management of any cases or rules about cases.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Denning » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 pm

dls wrote:

Again, you are just dreaming.

He sent an email in which he said that he had in the past been content to give his support to members of a chambers in applications for advancement - he had acted in effect as a referee, but that in view of what he thought had happened, he would not do again.
He said and revealed nothing as to the management of any cases or rules about cases.

He did not say it was only for applications for advancement. He also stated that "Blackstone takes but does not give." He further stated his wishes not to be associated with Chambers that have people like Pannick in it.

If a man in the street makes such statements I believe you would have read into every word of those statements but appeared you have chosen to pick your own words from the statements.

Despite the revelation made by Peter Smith J as to favouritism, I must admit that having followed a number of his judgments I still consider him to be one of the most fair and objective judges at the Royal Courts of Justice.
Denning

Postby atticus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:47 pm

He is capable of good judgments, no question.

He is also capable of shooting himself in the foot big time. See the Addleshaws matter, the BA case, and then this latest letter.
atticus

Postby Denning » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm

That is part of human failings and one of the reasons why there must be opportunities for oral permission to appeal available to litigants. I read something shocking that was reportedly said by Lord Sumption about women chromosomes but again that showed he is human.
Denning

Postby atticus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Lord Sumption has also written a four volume history of the Thirty Year War.
atticus

Postby atticus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Sorry, it's the Hundred Years War. It seems a fifth volume is being written.
atticus

Postby atticus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am

I have just read something I missed last week. Peter Smith J has been signed off sick and is mentally unfit to defend himself in disciplinary proceedings.

It is said that he is unlikely to return to work.
atticus

Postby dls » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Sad. I always liked him.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Professions, Legal and Other. and their Students