Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

fast track or multi track?

fast track or multi track?

Postby Earl » Fri May 05, 2017 4:36 pm

I filed my claim in the High Court Chancery division, well that's what I put on the document header.
Reply on a court document says, it appears that this case is suitable for the fast track. Clearly its not because it is about several hundred thousand.
Is this form just a general starting point for allocation, and do all claims get this form? and it is up to you to fill in the appropriate box on the Directions Questionnaire.
I ask this in response to the line in a letter from the defendants solicitor, ' the Court have proposed to allocate this matter to the fast track.'
In other words the Court have proposed nothing in reality, its just that if you don't question I, it may end up in the fast track.
Earl

Re: fast track or multi track?

Postby atticus » Fri May 05, 2017 4:44 pm

This sounds like a multi-track case.

Earl you really need to find the Civil Procedure Rules. Read Part 26, and pay attention to para 26.6.

Part 29 says more about the multi-track.

Make sure you understand the pitfalls and bear traps - not least cost budgeting. That is not a subject on which I can really assist you.
atticus

Return to Litigation Practice