Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

claim and land registry charge

Re: claim and land registry charge

Postby atticus » Wed May 03, 2017 8:52 am

Preacher: please go away and read the civil litigation forum. All these things have been discussed.

You need to say what was agreed. What did you agree to do? For what price? If you cannot set out the case that you intend to prove then you will be adding to your list of court disasters.
atticus

Postby atticus » Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 am

atticus

Postby preacherman » Wed May 03, 2017 10:07 am

thanks atticus.

I will read..

I agreed to do works on a property, unspecific at an hourly rate. its adhoc I suppose. Plaster this, paint that,etc.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 am

Sir!
so I have read the first substantial paragraph! what common law or statute do I compare against? what law says you should pay an invoice to another if they have completed work for you in line with their obligation to you.
preacherman

Postby atticus » Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 am

The law of contract!

This is the means by which the law enforces agreed contractual obligations.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Thu May 04, 2017 7:57 pm

atticus wrote:The law of contract!

This is the means by which the law enforces agreed contractual obligations.

as well as an unpaid invoice, is it possible to gain loss of income, if an agreement to say complete the renovation of a house was cut short by the owner without reasonable cause.

(d) if (c) is a breach of obligation, what that means. What were the results of the breach of obligation? How are those consequences to be compensated for or remedied?
preacherman

Postby atticus » Thu May 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Well preachy, you need to work out what the terms of your contract were, and how you can prove them.

Damages for breach of contract are intended to put the innocent party in the position he would have been in had the defaulting party performed his obligations.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm

atticus wrote:Well preachy, you need to work out what the terms of your contract were, and how you can prove them.

Damages for breach of contract are intended to put the innocent party in the position he would have been in had the defaulting party performed his obligations.

how can you have 'terms' of contract, if for instance a persons says come around tomorrow and paint my fence please, and I agree, and they know that i charge £15.00 per hour. how are there terms in such a basic discussion.

anyway. I agreed to give a person 2 days a week working at a property, at an hourly rate, which I did. ad- hoc I.e do what needed doing.

They have not paid a final invoice. I did say that i 'thought' the property would be completed by a certain date if I had a labourer for a few weeks to help, but they did not want to pay a labourer, they wanted a relative to help/have the money for helping, Young lad he didn't turn up much etc.. I think they will try and say I never completed it by a certain date. I have all the invoices from past payments etc. I cant see they have much of a case.The work on the final invoice was completed, and included some goods Paint etc Do I need to plead conversion for the goods on the invoice?
preacherman

Postby atticus » Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 pm

No.
atticus

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

preacherman wrote:how can you have 'terms' of contract, if for instance a persons says come around tomorrow and paint my fence please, and I agree, and they know that i charge £15.00 per hour. how are there terms in such a basic discussion.

The terms of this contract are that you will attend tomorrow and paint the fence, and that in return your customer will pay you £15 per hour for doing so.

Has your customer given you any reason for refusing to pay your invoice?
Smouldering Stoat

PreviousNext

Return to Litigation Practice