Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Civil claim against the Police for stress

Re: Civil claim against the Police for stress

Postby atticus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Yes. 7.62%. Ebay. Or Amazon.
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

I would like to reply to 'Voldemort' that by ‘similar’ I mean that police told to these neighbours that I am an offender who harass my neighbours and commit also the offence of wasting police time which is a criminal offence if proven like 'kiddy fiddler' to which 'Shootist' made reference (but it was not proven and it is why the IPCC upheld my complaint)

‘Atticus’ says

“This is not a case for a Part 8 claim.”

I would like he explains me why I am eager to learn
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm

The nature of the application to strike out your claim shows that there are disputed questions of fact that the court would have to resolve if the case is allowed to survive.

I have no idea why you are eager to learn; such eagerness is usually commendable.
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:20 pm

During last pre-hearing which was adjourned because we do not have enough time the representative of the defendant said that my claim has no basis in law.

I think that in my case the facts have been established i.e. the police on this day did not behave properly by telling bad things to me and by telling bad things to these neighbours about me and this has been established by the IPCC whiich upheld my complaint. Now the issue is whether or not these facts amount to slander, to negligence, to misfeasance in public office, to harassment, to intentionally inflicting emotional distress (IIED) and/or to maladministration.

It seems to me that these are questions of laws and not of facts

I am eager to learn because learning is a natural pleasure and every day we learn something
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm

south1 wrote: Now the issue is whether or not these facts amount to slander, to negligence, to misfeasance in public office, to harassment, to intentionally inflicting emotional distress (IIED) and/or to maladministration.

Or to none of the above. It is no wonder that the defendants are seeking to have your claim struck out if you cannot yet say what you are suing them for.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby south1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:26 pm

I am suing for all these grounds except for slander (not yet) because the limitation of action is one year. I will maybe add this ground also for the next pre-hearing hoping that the court will dissapply the one year limitation and if the Police has not absolute or qualified privileges on this occassion.

I use the expression 'and/or' because the fact that I sue for all these grounds do not mean necessary that I have a good reason to sue for all of them and I have posted this thread to clarify this. Moroever concerning the grounds of IIED and maladminstration have no received any feedback from any of you so I do not know
Last edited by south1 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Not every question gets an answer.
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:44 pm

And it is why I used the expression 'and/or'. However a question which has not yet been answered can be answered at any time because the debate is on-going and if questrions are not yet answered it is because they are challenging so very interesting
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Yes, I usually find myself rushing to answer the boring and tedious questions while ignoring the really interesting ones.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:55 pm

south1 wrote:I am suing for all these grounds except for slander (not yet) because the limitation of action is one year. I will maybe add this ground also for the next pre-hearing hoping that the court will dissapply the one year limitation and if the Police has not absolute or qualified privileges on this occassion.

"These are my grounds, m'lud, and if you don't like them, I have others."
Smouldering Stoat

PreviousNext

Return to Litigation Practice