Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Civil claim against the Police for stress

Re: Civil claim against the Police for stress

Postby Voldemort » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:03 pm

south1 wrote:police told to these neighbours that I am an offender who harass my neighbours

Why do you feel the officer would come to this conclusion? Could anything you did be viewed as harassment?

Please feel free to ignore the following question: do you suffer from Asperger’s or other variant of HFA? I only ask because it might help put some of your on-going difficulty with social interaction in to perspective.
Voldemort

Postby shootist » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm not sure that the OP can prove he is suffering from stress, but I think he may have a good case to show he's a carrier.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby south1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 pm

As I explain in one of my previous posts the reason why this police officer behaved in this way is because he was fed up with my complaints about harassment because for him it was civil harassment but not criminal harassment. However I think that it was what we call ‘harassment of a person in his own home' which is a criminal harassment. It would be better to abolish this difference between civil and criminal harassment and made any harassment a civil and criminal offence

I have been diagnosed with nothing like that. However my neighbour who harassed me should have been diagnosed with these kinds of abnormalities because when I wanted to enforce my compensation order again him I got nothing because he is on disability benefit (I nevertheless saw running and jumping)

As I say I am eager to learn so if we suppose that my claim could have been issued under Part 8 I would like to know which could have been the advantages for example concerning costs or allocation to the small track instead of the fast track. And what could have happen if a claim is wrongly issued under Part 8 and also if a claim has wrongly not been issued under Part 8 can we transfer it?
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Part 8 claims are allocated to track in the same way as Part 7 claims; the same principles apply. There is no cunning plan here that would enable you to avoid costs risk.
atticus

Postby south1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 am

No-one has replied to my proposal to have all kind of harassments made a civil and a criminal offence. Do you think that it will be a good idea? If this change would have already been made a long time ago I would not have the dispute that I have with the Police
south1

Postby south1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:00 pm

I would like to know if someone knows why all kinds of harassement are not a civil and also a criminal offence?
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Have you considered reading the Protection from Harassment Act?
Smouldering Stoat

Postby south1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Yes I have read it but it is not explained in it why all kinds of harassment are not a civil and a criminal offence. I have heard that the offence of 'Harassment of a Person in his own home' is a criminal offence but this Act does not make any reference to it.
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm

If the Act prohibits harassment in s. 1(1), and provides that breaching that prohibition will be both a criminal offence (s.2) and give rise to a civil remedy (s.3), what does that tell you about the difference between civil and criminal harassment?
Smouldering Stoat

Postby shootist » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 pm

south1 wrote:Yes I have read it but it is not explained in it why all kinds of harassment are not a civil and a criminal offence. I have heard that the offence of 'Harassment of a Person in his own home' is a criminal offence but this Act does not make any reference to it.

Perhaps what you heard isn't true. Especially if the Act doesn't make any reference to it. While not definite, it can be a damned good clue. It is not explained in the Theft Act why theft is a crime. I suspect, and I'm sure that someone here will correct me if I am wrong (or in some cases even if I am right) but civil issues are not offences. They provide a mean of remedy for a wrong alleged to have been done. If you break my arm with a pickaxe handle deliberately and without good reason it is a criminal offence for which you could be convicted. I also have a civil remedy for which I can make a claim against you notwithstanding your conviction in a criminal court.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

PreviousNext

Return to Litigation Practice