Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Civil claim against the Police for stress

Re: Civil claim against the Police for stress

Postby south1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 pm

There is not only the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which matters but also
Section 126 of the SOCPA amended the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001(CJPA) which makes reference to ‘harassment of a person in their own home’

Most of the criminal offences are also criminal and civil. However harassment seems to be a strange offence which is sometimes only civil and other times civil and criminal and it is difficult to know when it is one or the other and the Police takes advantage of this difficult difference to wash its hand on crimes of harassment. And the unfortunate victims of harassment like me are left to fend for themselves to prove that they have been victim of a criminal offences and not of only a civil one
south1

Postby south1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 am

And the fact that I am a helpless and traumatized victim of harassment left to fend with himself is the reason why I have posted this thread and asked all these questions concerning in particular maladministration, slander from the police and Intentionally Inflicting Emotional Distress (IIED)
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:45 am

You are not a "helpless and traumatized victim of harassment." In this very thread you have said that your stress did not last a long time.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby south1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes I am a traumatized and helpless victim of harassment. If the stress did not last a long time on the day of the events what matters is the consequence of the stress. Moreover I not only sustained stress but also distress, anxiety and injury of feelings. I was awarded a compensation for harassment which is evidence that I was harassed. Harassment is always traumatizing. Moreover I am helpless because I do not have the mean to be represented so I am on my own except for the help that I can get from this forum
south1

Previous

Return to Litigation Practice