Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

claim against the estate

Re: claim against the estate

Postby mr_c » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks I will do.
mr_c

Postby mr_c » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:04 am

According to the firm via enquires made, it appears that he is in charge and he is infact the senior legal practioner.
He believe is was bad luck and the fact that he submitted false statement and failed to provide documentation requested by the Judge at previous hearing had nothing to do with the outcome, despite it clearing stating this on the order
1) false statement
2)failing to disclose documentation

The barrister agrees that the ruling failed on those points and that my solicitor should 'come to an arrangement' with regards to the costs.

I believe that I am not liable for the defendants costs, my solicitors cost and the barristers costs as these were awarded against me because my solicitor lied in his statement and failed to provide the requested information. Is there an external person/organisation which govern solicitors behaviour that I can consult about this as I have been arguing back and forth with him since the ruling and getting nowhere!.

Regards
mr_c

Postby atticus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:59 pm

I think this is not a service or conduct issue that can be resolved by a regulator. You would nade to make a claim, if need be through the Court.
atticus

Postby mr_c » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:13 am

I have been contacting Negligence solicitors who believe I have a strong claim as this constitutes to solicitor negligence. I shall keep you posted as to the outcome of this action as they have proposed that I engage in another discussion with him about the costs and liability preferably via email, if the outcome is not promising then I should contact them should I wish to pursue the matter.
mr_c

Previous

Return to Wills and Probate