Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Gender Pay Gap

Employment and Discrimination Law

Gender Pay Gap

Postby tph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Now that most of the figures have been published what are people's thoughts of the gender pay gap?

My own view is that although the figure is interesting we should not obsess about it too much as there are a number complicated factors behind each companies figures and to focus on the figure on it's own could be counter productive.
tph

Re: Gender Pay Gap

Postby shootist » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:34 am

tph wrote:Now that most of the figures have been published what are people's thoughts of the gender pay gap?

My own view is that although the figure is interesting we should not obsess about it too much as there are a number complicated factors behind each companies figures and to focus on the figure on it's own could be counter productive.

I doubt it will be counter productive to the 'Feminist' lobby.

I think this gender pay gap thing has been blown out of proportion. When gender bias is blamed for the different wage of dustmen and school dinner ladies it becomes meaningless. I think Jordan Petersen got it right in that famous interview. It doesn't exist, apart from inevitable exceptions.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK.
shootist

Postby Jinxer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:08 am

Put everyone on minimum wage problem solved.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby atticus » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 am

Topic moved to Employment forum
atticus

Postby dls » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm

I have no doubt that there remains a gender pay gap, but it is not such as can be measured honestly in the way set out.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Return to Employment