Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Unfair deduction

Employment and Discrimination Law

Re: Unfair deduction

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:02 pm

diy wrote:I don't think Atticus meant "worker" in the sense that they were "working productively"...

Atti and I had digressed off topic and were not referring to OP, but to people on call, for example, people sleeping at a care home: available in case of need, but clearly not working. The guidance Atti linked to earlier appears to have that covered well enough.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Unfair deduction

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm

I did not digress, given that one of the OP's points concerns his employer's decision that he is only working when there is a customer in the shop.

The next day in the group chat the employer came up with a new set of rules, even more ridiculous that the previous ones, what do I mean by ridiculous? one of the rules stated that if I am on the till, and there are no customers in the shop and basicaly there is no work for me to be done I won't get paid for the time "I was just standing there", and I am the person who has to keep track of how much time I worked and how long "I was just standing there",
atticus - a very stable genius
atticus

Previous

Return to Employment