Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Employer not paying premium towards benefits

Employment and Discrimination Law

Employer not paying premium towards benefits

Postby ca1981 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 pm

I have a situation where my employer offered dental cover at a reasonable price and deducts £x from my wage to cover this each month

I recently submitted a claim on the policy and when I attempted to chase was advised that the premiums were not being paid and the claim would not be processed further.
This has obviously left me out of pocket but my employer just continuously advises its "being dealt with"

So money is continued to be deducted for a policy they are not paying premiums for and is useless to me, whats more they have told me im locked into paying for 12 months (of which 8 remain)

As this is my employer I am not really sure what the legal position is and what I should be doing.

Can anyone offer any advice?
ca1981

Re: Employer not paying premium towards benefits

Postby atticus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Have you raised it with your employer? Confront them. Is this correct or is there a mistake that they can resolve?

If they have deducted money from your pay but not paid the premiums, they should now pay the amount for your dental treatment that the insurance company would have paid.

And what are they doing with the deducted money? The word "fraud" might come to mind if there is no good explanation.
atticus

Return to Employment