Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Harassment or a shrine to the dead?

Harassment or a shrine to the dead?

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm sure we have all seen reports about the chap who killed a burglar recently. Apparently the family of the deceased are making a shrine to him across the street from the house that he was trying to burgle. Neighbours have torn it down and the family have put it back... a few times over.
I understand the homeowner is somewhat distressed by this.
The police claim they are powerless to act, but is it not harassment? Or littering?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hrine.html

It turns out also that the burglar was a gypsy: his cousin is quoted as saying; "When other people die they put flowers, why can't we? We're not allowed because we're gypsies. Henry was murdered, the man who did it should be tried. That's all I'm going to say; now f**k off."

It seems to me that such conduct is very likely to cultivate bad feeling towards the travelling community and I would be minded to consider charging them with inciting racial hatred.
It also struck me that those do not look like cheap bouquets...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Harassment or a shrine to the dead?

Postby shootist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:28 pm

I entirely understand the sadness of the relatives of the deceased. Such sadness is not reduced because the man they mourn was an utter scumbag who met an entirely appropriate end making what is probably his only positive contribution to society. Rubbing their grief in the faces of the people this man preyed upon is unnecessary and inappropriate and, IMO, nothing more than a deliberate indication of their determination to continue their scumbaggery, and nothing to do with grief whatsoever.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK.
shootist

Postby 3.14 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Hairyloon wrote:It also struck me that those do not look like cheap bouquets...
So what? They cant have money?
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Postby shootist » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 pm

It does seem odd (to me at least) that the floral tributes put up in memory of Lee Rigby have been removed because they look unsightly while the police have threatened to prosecute anyone removing the floral tributes laid by the scumbag's family outside the burglary victim's home (which he has had to leave being in fear of his life).
shootist

Postby atticus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:01 pm

The tributes to the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have now also been removed.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 pm

3.14 wrote:

Rather rubs in the face of the victims of their burglaries.
Hairyloon

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:11 pm

shootist wrote:It does seem odd (to me at least) that the floral tributes put up in memory of Lee Rigby have been removed because they look unsightly while the police have threatened to prosecute anyone removing the floral tributes laid by the scumbag's family outside the burglary victim's home (which he has had to leave being in fear of his life).

Prosecute on what grounds? The police appear to be taking a ridiculous attitude in this case.
Hairyloon

Postby shootist » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
shootist wrote:It does seem odd (to me at least) that the floral tributes put up in memory of Lee Rigby have been removed because they look unsightly while the police have threatened to prosecute anyone removing the floral tributes laid by the scumbag's family outside the burglary victim's home (which he has had to leave being in fear of his life).

Prosecute on what grounds? The police appear to be taking a ridiculous attitude in this case.

Goodness me! No, surely not. That's not like them at all.

(The suggestion seems to be that the people removing the floral tributes placed there by the thieving scumbag's scummy relatives might be upsetting the scummy relatives enough to cause a public order offence. This is not to be confused with them threatening to kill the householder now hiding in fear of his life, which is apparently OK as part of the grieving process.)
shootist

Postby Jinxer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm surprised the Council enforcement officers aren't sitting there waiting to give out fixed penalty notices for littering. Wasn't the guy who Tony Martin shot a gypsy as well.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Postby 3.14 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
3.14 wrote:

Rather rubs in the face of the victims of their burglaries.
So, let me get this correct...you are saying that ALL travellers or the family and friends of this burglar (who is a traveller) are all burglars/criminals? And that all their money is a result of criminality?
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Next

Return to Other Law