Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Pursuing non payment

Re: Pursuing non payment

Postby atticus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:37 pm

If you cannot be bothered to provide the defendant this information and reminder, then so be it.
atticus

Postby RJR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm

atticus wrote:If you cannot be bothered to provide the defendant this information and reminder, then so be it.

It is inappropriate for several reasons, certainly not a case of not being bothered. When the written court order is eventually received I will 'send in the bailiffs'.
Looking forward to employing [No names!] for this service based on their prompt and courteous communication.

I will report back as suspect that there may be others in a similar situation who may benefit.
RJR

Postby atticus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm

I cannot see why it is inappropriate to remind a judgment debtor of how and where to pay.

I see that the cat of the name is out of the bag!
atticus

Postby RJR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm

I did not realise there was a no names policy on this forum; my apologies. You may want to remove the other reference to the company further up in the thread. I have no connection by the way - just astounded by the courtesy of a timely, polite and informative response.

The defendant has never responded to any communication so a helpful prompt is entirely pointless. He has caused me hardship and inconvenience as well as burdened me financially and wasted my time. Surprisingly, he made the trip from Coventry to Plymouth to attend court, breathing alcohol fumes. Perhaps I should invite him around to my house to join me at Christmas too:-)
RJR

Postby atticus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 pm

It can be helpful to have letters making requests on the record. You may know that they will not be answered, but if you don't write them you cannot show that the request was made and not answered.

An unanswered request can be more telling in the mind of a decision maker than no request.
atticus

Postby RJR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Good point, thank you.
RJR

Previous

Return to Other Law