Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries


Re: Help

Postby Boo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Purple wrote:Hello, it's me yet again:)

they gave me a few lawyers
Look after them! ;)

Purple wrote:
- because i will be a permanent resident here and will pay NI and i am part of the EEA i have the right to NHS (technically)

This is the section I was looking at. From what you've written it would seem you have the right to access the NHS for free. Well I've not read otherwise.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ent-uk.pdf

I think this is pretty clear:
Comprehensive Sickness Insurance
30. An EEA national who is residing in the UK as a student or self-sufficient person must also have “comprehensive sickness insurance” (CSI) in order to be exercising Treaty rights in those capacities. A self-sufficient person and student must also hold CSI for their family members.
31. A person would be considered as having CSI if:
i) he or she has a comprehensive private health insurance policy, or
ii) he or she is validly entitled, in accordance with Regulation 883/2004 EC on the coordination of social security systems, to access NHS healthcare (as in such cases the UK is able to be reimbursed for the cost of that care by the home Member State).
32. A valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued by a Member State other than the UK satisfies the CSI requirement under ii), above. Students who are insured in their home
Member State and who intend to return home after their studies in the UK will usually have a valid EHIC, even if they intend to be here for several years. The registration in the UK of an S1/E106 for an EEA/Swiss pensioner who moves their residence to the UK also satisfies the CSI requirement under ii), above.
33. Remember that exercising Treaty rights or having a permanent right to reside are not necessary for an EEA national to meet the OR test and thereby be entitled to free NHS treatment. However, they are relevant in relation to whether their non-EEA family members can then be in the UK lawfully and consequently whether they can themselves meet the OR test.

EDA: Will your boyfriend add you as a joint tenant?
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
User avatar
Posts: 3907
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: On the edge!

Re: Help

Postby dls » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:05 pm

I think that old French poetry remains preferable to

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:en:PDF
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 12534
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:35 pm
Location: Brighouse, West Yorkshire

Re: Help

Postby Purple » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:20 am

Purple wrote:
Hello, it's me yet again:)

they gave me a few lawyers

Look after them! ;)

I killed a cactus don`t hold on to any hope for them.
Back to our topic yes he will add me as joint tenant its the easier way to get NI, Bank account, etc ... they all want prof of where I'm living.

I think that old French poetry remains preferable to

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:en:PDF

Yes it is, but it its like i`m learning a new language, all in all i`m at page 11 and fruits are not yet dancing so all in all its good. There is a lot of interesting information there i`ll store it up :D
I did want to finish my degree when i move in the UK or more like restarted it from scratch maybe i should change it completely :D
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 pm


Return to Benefits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest