Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Government report into a public body

Judicial review, activities of government, local and national etc.

Government report into a public body

Postby Goldensyrup » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 pm

I have received as a complainant a damning report into unlawful conduct and associated behaviour by the head poncho and colleagues of a Public Body authored by a Government department. The report which is very long outlines the unlawful behaviour which if avoided would have saved the public purse a five figure sum. The GD have placed a rider on the report stating that it cannot be shared with third parties. The PB covered up matters and then an associated public body did the same to protect the first PB. The second PB's department was placed into special measures around this time, but not because of the matters related to this report which was unknown at the time, but the GD stated they were not surprised.

The GD stated that both PB's acted in a similar vein to institutionally conceal matters and consistently breach legislation, in the belief that they had impunity.

The unlawful conduct by members of this public body has personally cost me a five figure sum. The report does not state that it is confidential, just that it must not be shared with third parties. I am pretty sure I must be able to share it with legal advisers.

I do feel that the GD are attempting to ensure a lid continues to be placed on the conduct of the PBs. My question is simple, can I lawfully share this report with other third parties or indeed into the public domain?
Goldensyrup

Re: Government report into a public body

Postby atticus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 pm

I am trying to picture a head poncho.
atticus

Postby shootist » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:43 am

Allow me...

"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby shootist » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:45 am

Goldensyrup wrote:I do feel that the GD are attempting to ensure a lid continues to be placed on the conduct of the PBs. My question is simple, can I lawfully share this report with other third parties or indeed into the public domain?

What are they going to do to you if you do? If it's that big then you could start by plastering it all over Faceache.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby miner » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 am

A head poncho like that would likely give any normal person Faceache!

Sorry, I'm on my second glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. ;)
miner

Postby dls » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:47 pm

It does of course depend on several aspects; the nature of the wrong doing, the exact basis of disclosure etc.

I would expect that you should be free to take legal advice, perhaps initially without disclosure.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Goldensyrup » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:03 pm

The offence is malfeasance in office. A copy of the report has gone to at least 20 stakeholders, with the same rider of confidentially to each. Police were involved but struggled for evidence and frankly had no clue what to do. This contents of the report now prove the wrongdoing conclusively and should in my view be handed to the police and to a standards committee as it involves a county councillor. The offence however is not of Watergate proportions.
Goldensyrup

Return to Administrative Law