Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

I have been refused to resit an examination

Judicial review, activities of government, local and national etc.

Re: I have been refused to resit an examination

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 pm

That seems to be an unusual ground on which to be "refused to resit an examination".
atticus

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

I am baffled by the point the OP is trying to make. It is indeed true that it is easy for a landlord to terminate an assured shorthold tenancy and thereby to avoid his obligations to repair the property : the Government says it is sympathetic to changing the law to restrict so-called revenge evictions.

But what does this prove? Surely, if it proves anything it is that the law does not intervene in every situation which we may find morally wrong or personally inconvenient. The law does not protect tenants in the situation he describes; and the law does not protect him in the situation he is in. He may think that it ought not to be so, and maybe he is right (or maybe not) but just because he believes that the law ought to cover his situation, that does not make it so.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby south1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:07 pm

‘dls’ makes reference to

‘public law duties’

I found out that the grounds for judicial review are illegality, fairness, Irrationality and proportionality. I would like to know if it is the same as ‘public law duties’
south1

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Public law duties relate to matters of public law. We have established that this is not a public law matter.
atticus

Postby south1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:54 pm

My educational institution is a university so it is a public body so it is a public law matter
south1

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Is a university a public body? I am not sure that is correct.
atticus

Postby south1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:25 am

I have read somewhere that there are only three universities which are private bodies but my educational institution is not one of them

One of the reasons why most of universities are public bodies is because their students receive public funding but this is not the issue raised in my last post which is whether or not the ‘grounds for judicial review’ are the same as ‘public law duties’.
south1

Postby GlosGirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Well, this is absolutely fascinating. I'm now wondering what the OP was planning to do once he had this elusive qualification. What could it possibly be? Frankly, unless it was for yogic flying, it seems that the college may have considered it their duty to protect the public by preventing a mediocre applicant from going out into the world and practising whatever it is.
GlosGirl

Previous

Return to Administrative Law