Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

I have been refused to resit an examination

Judicial review, activities of government, local and national etc.

Re: I have been refused to resit an examination

Postby south1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Except when it does not overlap perfectly
south1

Postby Slartibartfast » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:40 pm

south1 wrote: I is not fair to victimise a candidate, to discriminate against him and to cause him detrimental treatment whether this candidate is protected by law or not

It is also not fair to compel an education institution (or a restaurant, for that matter) to allow entry to a person who they believe to be a troublemaker. Why should they be victimised by being forced to accept such a person against their wishes and interests? Why should their other students (or diners) have to suffer detriment through the troublemaker's behaviour?

It does not matter whether their assessment of you is accurate, it does not matter whether you or I agree with it. They have made the decision that they do not want you in their education institution, and they are entitled to do so (subject to the protected characteristics). A sensible person might now try to change the education institution's perception by behaving differently, and by promising better conduct in future. You are instead confirming their concerns by your bloviating complaints and threats of legal action.

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
"Judicial tergiversation is not to be encouraged"
Slartibartfast

Postby dls » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Depending in the circumstances, an educational institution may have public law duties.

If so, they may not have the simple freedom of a normal contracting party.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby south1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 pm

They want maybe simply to harm me to take revenge on me because I made a previous complaint which shows that they were doing something wrong. My educational institution has specific rules to know who is a troublemaker. It has rules on malpractice and I suppose also on offensive behaviour. To have made a complaint is not concerned by these rules
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 am

Maybe there is rather more to the other side of this.
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:30 am

I can guarantee you that there are loopholes in the law. For example the difference between civil and criminal harassment because of which police does nothing in case of harassment by our landlord or neighbour. There is also the issue of retaliatory eviction and plenty more...
What is very special in my case is that I am victim of two loopholes in the law at the same time one concerning equality law and the other concerning public interest disclosure
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:31 pm

You may see yourself as a victim. Others see something that you would wish to be unlawful but which is not. The fact that unless something is prohibited it is not unlawful is not to be described as a "loophole".
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Can you give me a definition of a loophole in the law?
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:10 pm

No. You are the one bandying the word around. What do you mean when you use it?
atticus

Postby south1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:26 pm

I am not the only one using this expression

One definition but not the only one is to get by the back door what we can get by the front door. One example by law landlords have to do repairs. However they can get rid of this duty simply by evicting or threatening to evict the tenant using for example a simple section 21
south1

PreviousNext

Return to Administrative Law