Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Old age and inevitable deterioration

Sharing whatever else you are up to.

Re: Old age and inevitable deterioration

Postby preacherman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 am

No I dont agree with it at all.
like I said its men that mess things up. I believe in obeying the laws of the land providing they are not against the word of God, which that clearly was, we are not under the old covenant, the OT law was never given to us gentiles either.

the Apostle Paul said, what business is it of mine to Judge those outside of the church, God will do that, Judge those inside. He never spoke about hanging anyone! the harshest discipline was expulsion from the church from what I can see.

Jesus said the whole law is summed up as 'love your neighbor as you love yourself'.

I would have prayed for the chap, that he came to the true Knowledge of God, and of how much God loves him, no matter how much he was trying to nit pick against him.

regarding legal matters. I am not a solicitor. I am a person who`s father spent a lot of time in the pub, I never had the luxury of being disciplined and being sent of to law school, but I still succeeded in many areas, and I am learning that pieces of paper can effect your life but that has nothing to do with your eternal salvation!
preacherman

Postby diy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

Preacherman, I fully accept that you are quoting your sources (in the same way an academic would when writing a paper with opinions etc) but, many people don't understand the compulsions of Christians to interpret "the word" correctly by referring to source. To many it looks like a sermon, therefore, might I politely request that you pick up the debate regarding if God is or isn't a nice guy, in another thread.

This one was about getting old and your new topic looks like it will run for many pages.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby shootist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 am

diy wrote:Preacherman, I fully accept that you are quoting your sources (in the same way an academic would when writing a paper with opinions etc) but, many people don't understand the compulsions of Christians to interpret "the word" correctly by referring to source. To many it looks like a sermon, therefore, might I politely request that you pick up the debate regarding if God is or isn't a nice guy, in another thread.

This one was about getting old and your new topic looks like it will run for many pages.

A small correction. This thread was a bit of apisstake on getting old, combined with the doubtful virtues of Mac computers. But, in the spirit of understanding I will start a new thread on the God thing.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK.
shootist

Postby diy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 am

I'm a big mac fan, as they do seem to outlast their windows alternatives, but I struggle with the idea of £1,900 for an entry level macbook pro.
diy

Postby shootist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 am

diy wrote:I'm a big mac fan, as they do seem to outlast their windows alternatives, but I struggle with the idea of £1,900 for an entry level macbook pro.

You do realise that at least one member here is shortly likely to detonate with the intensity of effort in making some allegedly humorous reference to McDonalds.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK.
shootist

Postby diy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:20 am

haha I never spotted that.. I'm fasting today, so must have big macs on the brain.
diy

Postby Russell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:24 pm

We did some interesting research into this. We theorised that adjustment to aging was related to the comparisons you make. Do you compare to your younger self, others that are younger etc. A good adjustment to aging, will come with realistic comparisons.
We all have the power to be, our own forum moderator!
Russell

Previous

Return to I'm just off to/back from