Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

My first successful deer stalk.

Sharing whatever else you are up to.

Re: My first successful deer stalk.

Postby Mrhilter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 am

What's sporting about killing deer? Were they armed?

Don't you have a frozen food section of Waitrose in your area then Shootist? Or are you unable to shop for venison without feeling the urge to crawl around on your belly dressed up in camouflage playing toy soldier?

I think the most humane method of killing deer is letting them die of old age.
Mrhilter

Postby shootist » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:58 am

Mrhilter wrote:What's sporting about killing deer? Were they armed?

Don't you have a frozen food section of Waitrose in your area then Shootist? Or are you unable to shop for venison without feeling the urge to crawl around on your belly dressed up in camouflage playing toy soldier?

I think the most humane method of killing deer is letting them die of old age.

Then you are clearly unfamiliar with what's involved in deer dying of old age. It's a long and horrible process often involving starvation and illness, but you like it because you don't have to think about it. You are also, I presume from your post, unfamiliar with what takes place in the average abattoir, especially Kosher or Halal abattoirs. Unlike farmed for meat animals, the deer I shot were roaming around in what might approximate deer heaven until their respective lights unexpectedly, and very quickly indeed, went out. I belong to a shrinking minority of meat eaters who have gone out and hunted, killed, gutted, skinned, and cooked their meat instead of those who seem to think that meat should be bought from supermarkets where no animals are harmed in it's production. Neither am I 'playing toy soldier', a particularly stupid thing to say as I am sure even you realise that deer can't shoot back. When stalking game I wear appropriate clothing. I apologise for introducing a flavour of reality into your life. I'm sure you will get over it.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 am

Kindly refrain from feeding the troll.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Mrhilter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Kindly refrain from feeding the troll.

If anyone is trolling it's shootist. I suspect that he loves to extol his various animal atrocities in the hope that someone will take exception, so that he can trot out his well oiled and hackneyed excuses as to why murdering wild animals is perfectly acceptable in a civilised society.

I may well be in the minority with this opinion, but that does not automatically make me a troll.
Mrhilter

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm

No, it is the trolling that makes you a troll. Meaning almost every other post you've made here this week.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Previous

Return to I'm just off to/back from