Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Public lectures

Sharing whatever else you are up to.

Public lectures

Postby Russell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm off to hear David Irving this week. Just got the secret address...

I compiled a list of almost all the UK public lecture venues. But I rarely get around to seeing any :(

What public lecture have you/or would you like to attend?
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Re: Public lectures

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:33 pm

I'd like to hear Mr Justice Gray lecture about his judgment in Irving -v- Penguin Books Ltd and Anor..
Smouldering Stoat

Postby dls » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Is he a friend to Ken Livingstone? (Mr Irving, not Gray J)
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Russell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:I'd like to hear Mr Justice Gray lecture about his judgment in Irving -v- Penguin Books Ltd and Anor..

Irving is no longer a holocaust denier. The talk is on the Nuremberg trials. Which I don't know much about. Will have to research.
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Irving claimed to be no longer a holocaust denier before a court in Austria where he was on trial for the offence of denying the holocaust. He was convicted.

Perhaps he has genuinely changed his mind, although I see little evidence for it. He certainly keeps some interesting company. If you know little of the Nuremberg Trials there are probably better places to start.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Russell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:59 pm

A good docu on the above cited case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr6fTa8sLg
Russell

Postby atticus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Many universities hold public lectures.
atticus

Postby Russell » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:19 am

Yes I have complied a list of all of them for the whole of the UK. But sadly have not attended many. Other than one on Bats are Manchester Uni. Was very good tho, something different.

Irving was good last night. He certainly has a vast wealth of knowledge and its great to hear new views on major issues, like why WWII started. He sees it as a Russian conflict, they were planning an invasion. However, Hitler got the shits (disintary) for 2 weeks and by the time he got off the toilet his plans had been changed. I'm not sure I buy this but I always like to hear different views and he has many.

He's also now not a Holocaust Denier but he believes Hitler didn't know the extend of the destruction of the Jews.
Russell

Postby atticus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:11 am

Do please comply with your list.

Many people think Manchester United are bats.

So Irving is no longer a denier; just thinks Hitler was a little misguided. Although getting him to march into Poland was a stroke of genius by Stalin.
atticus

Return to I'm just off to/back from